Conceived by some young enthusiastic and industrious members of the community and born of SHREE SHWETAMBAR STHANAKVASI JAIN SABHA there came into being a BABE, in a dingy cell situated in the midst of congested Burrabazar which was nurtured very tenderly with great joy and pride and baptised and christened SHREE JAIN VIDYALAYA. The 17the March, 1934 is really a memorable day in the history of Shree S. S. JAIN SABHA. The gradual growth and popularity of the Vidyalaya compelled the parent Body to shift it to 18/D, Sukeas Lane (Now Phusraj Bachhawat Path) where after a few years it was upgraded as High School (Class-X) in 1958. Just two years after, the Vidyalaya got the status of Higher Secondary Multipurpose School (with Arts, Science and Commerce Streams from Class IX to XI) in 1960. The band of teachers appointed proves to be so sincere and hardworking that the Vidyalaya carries a record of cent-percent result. Now since 1976, we have been adopting the scheme of the W. B. Govt. and following the syllabus of Higher Secondary School (plus Two XI-XII system). The Medium of teaching in our Vidyalaya is English.